NIEM 5.2 Beta 1 is Available for Public Review and Comment
The NIEM 5.2 Beta 1 minor release is available for public review and comment. Minor releases allow for domain-related content changes only. The core and architecture remain fixed until the next major release. Please post comments and feedback to the issue tracker by Monday, November 14, 2022.
NIEM 5.2 Beta 1 changes include:
- Added and updated content for DNA categories and encodings.
- Added and modified content to support State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial (SLTT) Agency Cyber Incident Reporting Requirements (CIRR) and Cyber-Physical System (CPS) Incident Reporting Requirements.
Learning and Development domain (new):
- Added content about courses, course sections, students, and employment positions.
- Updated the FBI’s National Crime Information Center (NCIC) codes (#239)
- Added Minimum Essential Metadata (MEM) content (#234)
- Added U.S. Message Text Format (USMTF) content as a subdomain (#236)
Download the NIEM 5.2 Beta 1 release today.