Help us Drive NIEM Tech—Call for Nominations! (Deadline Extended)
Help us take NIEM to the next level! The NIEM Technical Architecture Committee (NTAC) is looking for innovative and forward-leaning techies to join the committee!
The membership nomination period is now open and has been extended to Friday, June 19th. Formal decisions to be announced Friday, July 10th.
What does the NTAC do?
- Defining and governing the technical and structural architecture associated with NIEM development and implementation.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining the technical specifications for the NIEM community.
- Identifying and implementing new technologies to help support program growth.
Who is on the NTAC?
NIEM has two committees, the NTAC and the NIEM Business Architecture Committee (NBAC). While the NBAC membership is representative of all participating NIEM domains, the NTAC is representative of a smaller population which consists of approximately 12-20 voting members.
NTAC members represent technical experts and thought leaders across the community and may include representation from all levels of government, Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs), and industry to ensure interoperability and coordinated development.
What is the estimated time commitment?
All committee members are expected to dedicate a minimum of 12 hours per month, as needed, for projects and working groups.
This commitment includes:
- Attendance on monthly conference calls.
- Attendance at two semi-annual, face-to-face meetings.
- Acceptance of action items and task assignments; nominees must be willing to expend additional efforts outside of the monthly NTAC meetings to complete assignments by established due dates.
- In order to be nominated, each candidate’s employer must agree to the time and resource commitments required for committee membership.
What qualifications are required?
Participation within the NTAC requires:
- A clear understanding of the technical implications for information exchange and NIEM technical architecture including, but not limited to:
- NIEM Naming and Design Rules,
- NIEM Model Package Description Specification, and
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) Profile for NIEM.
- Broad experience across the information sharing landscape to articulate a vision for improving information sharing on a nationwide scale.
- An ability to work collaboratively with external partners to drive the program’s strategic goals.
The NTAC is particularly interested in candidates with experience in implementing software that produces and/or consumes NIEM-based exchanges at runtime.
How do I apply?
To apply, please email us following information:
- Cover letter summarizing the candidate’s qualifications
- Supervisor acknowledgement of committee commitment
Can I nominate someone else?
Sure! Email us the candidate's name and contact number. Please include a short note on why you think this person is a good fit for the NTAC.
What are the deadlines?
The nomination period is open, and will run until to Friday, June 19, 2015. Nominations will be reviewed by the NTAC co-chairs, with formal decisions to be made no later than July 10, 2015. The review process may involve requests for additional information and telephone or in-person interviews.
Contact us here.