Download NIEM Version 4.2
NIEM version 4.2 and its associated products are now available for download and use. Products include NIEM XML schemas (XSD), a spreadsheet (MS Excel) of all data components in the model, and alternate database formats (MS Excel, MS MDB, and CSV). This release is the latest version of the NIEM common vocabulary that enables efficient information exchange across diverse public and private organizations.
NIEM 4.2 is a minor release that incorporates content identified since NIEM 4.1 was released in August 2018. The NIEM Management Office, NIEM Business Architecture Committee, and the NIEM Technical Architecture Committee collaborated and worked closely with community subject matter experts to develop, review, and enhance reusable content in the model for this release.
Highlights of NIEM 4.2 include:
- Domain content updates from Biometrics, Emergency Management, and Justice.
- Biometrics added and updated DNA and pedigree components
- Emergency Management added new components to support the Public Health Emergency Operations Center (PH EOC) Minimum Dataset
- Justice updated FBI NDex codes, UCR codes, and NCIC codes and removed the NIBRS and CJIS namespaces
- Core Supplement 4.0.2 updates for:
- Census County codes
- Census / DOT commodity codes
- DEA drug codes
- Department of Labor occupation codes
- Census FIPS state codes
- HazMat codes
- HL7 FHIR religion codes
- ISO 4217 currency codes
- ISO 639-3 language codes
- OmniClass facility codes
- Merged Census county and FIPS 5-2 code namespaces into a new Census FIPS namespace for state and county codes
- Updated GENC Code Lists CSVs to version 3-10
- Added GENC 3-10 country and country subdivision XML schema enumeration
For a complete list of all the changes, see the Release notes.
The NIEM release cycle allows us to make NIEM model updates on a predictable and sustainable schedule that best meets users’ evolving needs. As those needs evolve, NIEM allows for flexibility and growth.
Updated versions of the NIEM Schema Subset Generation Tool and Conformance Testing Assistant are also now available for use. Visit NIEM’s Tools Catalog to learn more about tools available to support various NIEM-specific capabilities.
Have questions or comments? Connect with us!