Call for NBAC Co-Chair Nomination
Do you want to help lead NIEM to the next level? The NIEM Management Office (NMO) is seeking a NIEM Business Architecture Committee (NBAC) Co-Chair with positive leadership skills who will help promote the vision for improving information sharing.
The NBAC Co-Chair nomination period is open now and will close on May 3, 2019.
What does an NBAC Co-Chair do?
- Collaborate and coordinate with State, Local, Tribal, and community partners
- Work with data standards organizations
- Facilitate monthly NBAC meetings
- Contribute to NBAC products such as plans, documents, or deliverables
- Participate on NBAC Tiger Teams or sub-committees
- Support the development of annual NIEM program plans
- Lead committees
The NBAC Charter is currently being updated but provides a detailed description of NBAC Co-Chair responsibilities.
What skills or knowledge should a Co-Chair possess?
Besides being in good standing with the NBAC and having at least one year of NBAC meeting participation, the ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Broad understanding across the information sharing landscape to articulate a vision for improving information sharing on a national scale
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with State, Local, Tribal, and community partners
- Experience working with multiple partners to drive the accomplishments of the stated goals
- Work with data standards development organizations
What are the approximate time commitments necessary to successfully fulfill the NBAC Co-Chair duties?
NBAC Co-Chairs should expect to volunteer approximately 12 hours per month to fulfill the duties expected of the role.
Where do I send nominations?
Please send your resume and any additional document that highlights your experience and/or interest in the role to email@example.com
Can I nominate someone else?
Unfortunately, no. Given the time commitment required for the role, it is best to identify candidates who express an interest in serving the NBAC and NIEM community in this capacity.
What are the deadlines?
The nomination period is open and will run through Friday, May 3, 2019. Nominations will be reviewed and a decision will be announced no later than June 27th, at the monthly NBAC meeting. The review process may involve requests for additional information and an interview.
Contact us here.